Gyllyngvase House is committed to ensure an appropriate accommodation service for prospective guests with disabilities. Due to the layout, Gyllyngvase House is unable to make alterations to provide facilities for guests with severe mobility limitations such as ramps and stair lifts.
However, we welcome any enquiries from guests with disabilities so we can discuss their needs and all reasonable attempts will be made to meet these.
- Building has a current fire certificate
- Fire Alarm is audible only
- Emergency Information can be communicated verbally on request
- Copies of all public transport timetables are available
- The nearest train station is Falmouth Town which is a few minutes walk away
- The nearest bus station is on The Moor in Falmouth less than one mile from Gyllyngvase House.
- Taxis are available immediately outside the Railway and Bus stations.
- The nearest bus stop is directly outside our car park
- A list of local taxis can be provided
- Assistance with luggage offered
- All rooms have remote control digital television with Freeview
- All rooms have tea/coffee making facilities
- All rooms have hairdryers
- All rooms have direct dial telephones
- Mobile phone coverage is adequate for most networks
- Our breakfast menu and guest information can be provided in large print or described verbally
- If you have any special dietary requirements you are welcome to bring your own produce which we will store and prepare for you
- Guests are welcome to store medications/insulin/special foods, in one of our fridges if so required.
- Free WIFI is available using our fibre broadband connection
- Ironing facilities are available
Access to Main House
- Car Parking is available, surfaced with tarmac, located to the front of the house.
- There are three steps up to the front door
- The garden is easily accessible through the car park and/or lounge
- The dining room/guest lounge is the only room for guest use and is situated on the ground floor
Access to Guest Bedrooms
- We have no ground floor bedrooms
- Rooms 1 – 16 are on the first floor and rooms 17 and 18 are on the second floor
- There are 17 steps from ground floor level to rooms 1 – 9
- There are 14 steps from ground floor level to rooms 10 – 16
- There are 33 steps from ground floor level to rooms 17 and 18
Once accessed, there are no steps within the bedrooms/ensuites